Any of my Hawaii Pacific University friends will be familiar with the phrase SATEP. SATEP is our state-approved teacher education program. This is a 33 credit program through HPU that includes coursework, student teaching experiences, as well as state required testing. Following the completion of our SATEP, we can apply for state licensure. The final 9 credits of my MEd program (not all candidates in my cohort are degree-seeking) consist of writing a master's thesis.
I am so happy to announce that I have completed my SATEP and after paying the licensing fee I will be a licensed, highly qualified teacher in the state of Hawaii! Yay for hard work paying off! This feels pretty surreal and I can hardly believe I am finally at this point in my program.
You might be wondering what I will be doing with all of my free time now... There won't actually be much of that in my near future because starting on May 15th I will be writing my master's thesis which I anticipate completing at the end of August. I am looking forward to this undertaking and this next step in my educational journey. It will be nice to not commute an hour every day for school and it will be especially nice to write from the comfort of my home; whether that be my comfy bed, the cozy couch, or the sunny lanai.
No comments:
Post a Comment